If you are looking to buy or sell a business or setting up a business from scratch we can help. Our extensive experience in business law enables to effectively advise all client both large or small to successfully negotiate their way through this complex area. Our advice is current and in plain English designed to keep you fully informed of the process every step of the way.
Buying or selling a business
When purchasing a business included is any and all assets and liabilities which belong to the business. Such assets and liabilities may include employee entitlements such as long service entitlements or superannuation, outstanding trade debts, property, fixtures and fittings, stock-in-trade, goodwill, intellectual property. All these factors must be taken into consideration when buying or selling a business and must be documented with precision in the contract.
At Joseph Trimarchi & Associates we ensure that all bases are covered when you buy or sell a business:
- We ensure the business name is transferred correctly.
- We make sure the premises from which you operate has a proper lease in place. And if the lease is affected by the Retail Leases Act we will ensure all that your lease meets all the requisite requirements.
- Mortgagee consent
- We liaise with your accountant or financial adviser in order to get a goodwill and asset price apportionment which is favorable to you.
- Training, tuition and restraint details
- We will assist with the discovery of notices or orders affecting the proper running of the business
- We assist with obtaining Development approval and approval of requisite permits required to operate the business.
- We assist with the preparation of a list of equipment, services and continuing agreements for inclusion into the contract.
Please feel free to contact us with regards to any aspect of buying or selling a business, our friendly staff would be more than willing to assist with any enquiry you may have.