Planning for death is neglected by many Australians. Many Australians die each year without a will (intestate). In leaving a will you provide certainty as to your wishes.
There are many legal issues that must be taken into account when you are considering your estate. These include:
- How to structure your Will
- The appointment of Executors and Trustees
- Any specific gifts in your Will and how your estate is to be distributed
- Any life estates
- The appointment of any Guardians for any children
- The Executor’s powers under your Will
These are all vital issues that should be addressed in your Will.
Joseph Trimarchi & Associates are able to advise and assist you in the preparation of your Will. We also provide advice and assistance on the drafting of a Power of Attorney documents and Guardianship Appointments.
Joseph Trimarchi & Associates have experience and expertise to assist you in all estate matters.
We regularly provide advice to Trustees about their obligations, duties, and responsibilities to the beneficiaries.
We also provide advice on:
- Obtaining Grants of Probate of a Will of a deceased person in the Supreme Court
- Obtaining Letters of Administration for a deceased person, where this is no Will, from the Supreme Court
- Administrating a deceased estate on behalf of the Executor including liquidating the assets of the estate and distributing them to the beneficiaries
- Commission claims by Executors
- In the event a dispute arise in estate matters we assist in litigation and other methods of alternative dispute resolution. We act for either Executors or Beneficiaries who are involved in such disputes.
Please contact us to discuss any aspect of Our Estate Planning or Deceased Estate service we offer.